Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chrome Experiments and Minefield

Okay, so last week as a class we went and visited The Chrome Experiments  in order to assess which experiments broke or put the stress on the newest pre-release version of Firefox.

After downloading and installing Minefield, I started going through these experiments thinking 'Gosh, Minefield is exactly like regular Firefox... and all these experiments run really poorly'. It turned out I wasn't even running Minefield. Opening Minefield when some other firefox version is open simply opens a new window of that version. OOPS. Anyway, these experiments all ran about a thousand times better in Minefield than regular ol' Firefox.

There was only one that really crippled Minefield, and that was Pop-up Pong which is a classic PONG game that opens pop up windows and uses them as the paddles and ball. Works great in Chrome but woe-betide those who dare play it in Firefox. Get ready for a wild ride through glitch town if you want to click that link.

Also, because of this class I'm back on IRC, which I havn't used in like 10 years. Currently I lurk on #developers and #seneca on the Freenode and Moznet servers. My nick is peleaning for those who might want to /msg me.

Now all this talk about minefield has me thinking about Minecraft, which is free to play this weekend. Don't click that link if you value productivity.

-Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment