Friday, October 8, 2010

My ongoing firefox build saga

Last night I was trying to get firefox to build on my machine, and for whatever reason I thought it just wasn't working. Well, today I found it 'why'. It's because I wasn't finding the right binary file. I came home today after learning of its' real location, found it, clicked it, and now I'm updating my blog from my very own version of Firefox, built right here on my computer.

SO, after going through your make, my firefox.exe is located here(results may vary)

c:\Users\pete\src\obj-i686-pc-mingw32\dist\bin\firefox.exe

I assumed it simply didn't work because:
a)I was clicking the wrong .exe
b)I assumed the worst when 'Make' didn't give me a friendly "Firefox build was successful" message
c)The error messages I was getting later were because I was running make in the wrong directory


Oh, silly me.

-Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment